In the realm of SEO, content reigns supreme. The quality of your content significantly influences your visibility on the search engine results page (SERP). However, distinguishing between good and bad content isn’t always straightforward. But text quality is just one facet of page quality as perceived by search engines, particularly Google, which evaluates various characteristics such as user experience, content accessibility, technical optimization, and more.
To enhance these crucial parameters, you need a tool to measure and analyze them effectively. This is where SE Ranking’s On-Page SEO tool shines. It empowers you to assess your page’s content, SEO data, and user experience metrics, ultimately generating a page quality score. Moreover, it provides insights by comparing your page to competitors in your niche and offers actionable tasks for improvement.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps of using SE Ranking’s latest On-Page SEO Checker, highlighting its user-friendly interface and powerful features.
Getting Started with the New On-Page SEO Checker
Using SE Ranking’s On-Page SEO Checker is a straightforward and intuitive process. Here’s a brief overview of how to get started:
1. Create a New Audit:
- Navigate to the On-Page SEO Checker in SE Ranking’s navigation bar.
- Click the “New Audit” button.
Note: You can access previous audits here, saving you from re-running the audit to view the analysis. You can also update an existing audit with a single click, which is useful when you make changes to your page and want to assess their impact on the page score.
2. Set Up Search Settings:
- Specify the URL you want to check.
- Configure search settings, including selecting the search engine (Google or Google mobile), target country, and location details (city, state, region, or ZIP code) if applicable.
- Define the depth of analysis, typically focusing on the top 10 SERP URLs since analyzing lower-ranking pages may not be as beneficial.
- Specify the primary keyword for your page. Ensure it’s highly relevant to the page’s content.
- Add secondary keywords to analyze their usage on competing pages.
3. Begin the Audit:
- Once everything is set up, start the audit by clicking the button. The tool will crawl the SERP, collect URLs, and process the data, which may take several minutes.
Evaluating Data from Your On-Page SEO Audit
After initiating the audit, you’ll receive a comprehensive report, similar to SE Ranking’s website audit report. Here’s a breakdown of the key components you’ll find in the report:
Page Quality Score:
- The Page Quality Score is an aggregated rating based on multiple checks, encompassing content quality and other factors affecting page quality. This score provides a quick overview of your page’s quality and suggests areas for improvement.
- This report allows you to compare your page with SERP leaders, offering insights into keyword usage and content quality. You can also view domain-related metrics, helping you understand the factors contributing to a page’s authority.
Competitors’ Meta Tags and Site Structure:
- Explore how your competitors structure their meta tags, headings, and keyword usage in their content. This data helps identify opportunities to enhance your page’s content and structure.
Text Content Evaluation:
- This section focuses on keyword usage within your text content. It provides checks and recommendations for optimizing keyword integration, along with valuable information such as word count, content uniqueness, and readability.
Meta Tags and URL Monitoring:
- Assess the quality of your meta tags, URLs, and keyword usage in your page’s content. The tool calculates the length of meta tags in pixels to ensure they display correctly in the SERP.
- Examine the status of backlinks (incoming from external sites), internal links (incoming from the same domain), and external links (outgoing links). These reports offer insights into your page’s link-related metrics.
Number of Backlinks:
- While backlinks are typically considered an off-page parameter, SE Ranking provides data on the number of backlinks for your page compared to top competitors. This helps you understand your backlink profile’s standing in your niche.
- Domain trust, a relative metric developed by SE Ranking, impacts rankings. This report includes essential metrics like domain age, page trust, and domain trust. You can compare your domain metrics to those of your top competitors to gauge your authority.
User Experience Assessment:
- User experience is vital for SEO, and SE Ranking evaluates it based on Core Web Vitals such as page loading speed. This section provides data on loading speed and compares it to your competitors, highlighting areas for improvement.
- Ensure that your page is indexed by Google, a prerequisite for appearing in the SERP. Check for issues like robots.txt, meta robots, or canonical problems that might affect indexing.
Media File Optimization:
- Optimize media files, especially images, which are crucial for user engagement. SE Ranking checks attributes like resolution, file size, and optimization status, helping you maintain high-quality images.
Custom SEO Tasks:
- SE Ranking’s On-Page SEO Checker goes beyond analysis; it provides a task manager for optimizing your page. View a list of fixes categorized by priority, category, or status, making it easy to plan and implement improvements.
Managing Your On-Page Optimizations:
- SE Ranking’s task manager lets you track the progress of your optimization efforts. Change task statuses, add custom tasks, and streamline your SEO workflow efficiently