Rugged IC Market: Segmentation Analysis
The market research report segments the Rugged IC market by Application (rugged mobile computers, rugged tablets, rugged scanners, and rugged air quality monitors) and Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
- The rugged mobile computers segment will be significant for revenue generation.
- The rugged mobile computer segment led the global rugged IC market in 2020 due to increased technological advances in the consumer-grade device sector. The non-rugged mobile computer market is well-established, and intense competition in this market has led to various developments, such as the bundling of technologies.
- The rugged mobile computer segment is mainly dominated by semi-rugged devices, followed by fully rugged devices. Ultra-rugged handhelds are used by the military and the government segments only for application in extreme environments. The commercial and the industrial segments have contributed to the high sales volumes of rugged mobile computers. This has resulted in a decrease in the ASPs of rugged mobile computers.
- To know about the market contribution of each segment – Grab a sample report
Rugged IC Market: Major Driver
- The key factor driving the rugged IC market is the adoption of ruggedized computers in defense applications. The increasing demand for ruggedized computers and embedded boards used in robots for mission-critical applications in the defense sector is driving the market growth.
- Recent application areas wherein ruggedized computers are being used include logistics and cargo transportation, maintenance of vehicles and machinery, and the medical device industry. Moreover, any rugged system or solution design begins with a need for industrial-grade components that must meet stringent requirements in terms of extended temperature operation, vendor selection, ruggedness specifications, reliability, and durability.
- For instance, in 2017, JLT Mobile Computers, a leading supplier of reliable computers for demanding environments, announced the addition of fully-rugged mobile Android devices for field workers in logistics, warehousing, transportation, and other similarly challenging operating environments. The company had introduced the JLT MT3007A 7-inch tablet features a high-performance Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660 Octa-core processor behind a user-friendly Android 9.0 interface. Standalone boards can be integrated into numerous laser weapons, and ruggedized computers, among others, driving the growth of the global rugged IC market.
- To know about other drivers along with the market trend & challenges – Click Now!
Get ready to achieve excellent business outcomes from this exclusive Rugged IC Market report by Technavio. The report will include highlights of the overall market which includes frequently asked questions such as –
- What are historical revenue figures and estimated revenue figures as well as CAGR during the forecast timeframe?
- What is the current trend taking place in the market space?
- Which are business tactics that will influence competitive scenarios along with defining the growth potential of the market?
- What are market drivers, restraints, and challenges impacting demand & growth of the market?
- Which regions & segments will garner massive revenue and emerge as market leaders in upcoming years?
The competitive scenario provided in the Rugged IC Market report analyzes, evaluates, and positions companies based on various performance indicators. Some of the factors considered for this analysis include the financial performance of companies over the past few years, growth strategies, product innovations, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc. Don’t wait, Make a strategic approach & boost your business goals with our Rugged IC Market Forecast Report – Buy Now!
Rugged IC Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.41%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 670 million
YoY growth (%)
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Leading companies, competitive strategies, consumer engagement scope
Analog Devices Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Maxim Integrated Products Inc., NXP Semiconductors NV, Ozark Integrated Circuits, Inc., Qualcomm Inc., STMicroelectronics NV, Taiwan Semiconductor Co. Ltd., and Texas Instruments Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and future consumer dynamics, market condition analysis for forecast period,
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Table of Content
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis – Semiconductor equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five force summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition – Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Rugged mobile computers – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Rugged mobile computers – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Rugged mobile computers – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Rugged tablets – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Rugged tablets – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Rugged tablets – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Rugged scanners – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Rugged scanners – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Rugged scanners – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Rugged air quality monitors – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Rugged air quality monitors – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Rugged air quality monitors – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 26: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: APAC – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: MEA – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Analog Devices Inc.
- Exhibit 47: Analog Devices Inc. – Overview
- Exhibit 48: Analog Devices Inc. – Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Analog Devices Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 50: Analog Devices Inc. – Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Analog Devices Inc. – Segment focus
- 10.4 Honeywell International Inc.
- 10.5 Infineon Technologies AG
- Exhibit 57: Infineon Technologies AG – Overview
- Exhibit 58: Infineon Technologies AG – Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Infineon Technologies AG – Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Infineon Technologies AG – Segment focus
- 10.6 Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
- Exhibit 61: Maxim Integrated Products Inc. – Overview
- Exhibit 62: Maxim Integrated Products Inc. – Business segments
- Exhibit 63: Maxim Integrated Products Inc. – Key offerings
- 10.7 NXP Semiconductors NV
- Exhibit 64: NXP Semiconductors NV – Overview
- Exhibit 65: NXP Semiconductors NV – Business segments
- Exhibit 66: NXP Semiconductors NV – Key offerings
- 10.8 Ozark Integrated Circuits, Inc.
- Exhibit 67: Ozark Integrated Circuits, Inc. – Overview
- Exhibit 68: Ozark Integrated Circuits, Inc. – Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Ozark Integrated Circuits, Inc. – Key offerings
- 10.9 Qualcomm Inc.
- Exhibit 70: Qualcomm Inc. – Overview
- Exhibit 71: Qualcomm Inc. – Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Qualcomm Inc. – Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Qualcomm Inc. – Segment focus
- 10.10 STMicroelectronics NV
- Exhibit 74: STMicroelectronics NV – Overview
- Exhibit 75: STMicroelectronics NV – Business segments
- Exhibit 76: STMicroelectronics NV – Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: STMicroelectronics NV – Segment focus
- 10.11 Taiwan Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 78: Taiwan Semiconductor Co. Ltd. – Overview
- Exhibit 79: Taiwan Semiconductor Co. Ltd. – Product and service
- Exhibit 80: Taiwan Semiconductor Co. Ltd. – Key offerings
- 10.12 Texas Instruments Inc.
- Exhibit 81: Texas Instruments Inc. – Overview
- Exhibit 82: Texas Instruments Inc. – Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Texas Instruments Inc. – Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Texas Instruments Inc. – Segment focus
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
Email: [email protected]